Arabic-L:LING:Maltese Grammar Query

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Fri Jul 9 14:52:49 UTC 1999

1) Subject: Maltese Grammar Query

Date: 09 Jul 1999
From: Martha Schulte-Nafeh <marthas at elp.rr.com>
Subject: Maltese Grammar Query

Hi there,
I am in need of a basic reference grammar for Maltese Arabic. My library
doesn't have one and so I will need to get one through interlibrary loan.
I would appreciate recommendations. The more detailed bibliographic
information I can get the better. ISBN number would be great but not
essential. Ideally I would like one that is written more for 'academic'
rather than pedagogical purposes. I am not going to be using it to learn
Maltese (as much as I wish I had time to do that). I just need to be able to
quickly find basic information about morphology and syntax of the language
and sometimes pedagogical grammars have a pretty fragmented presentation of
the grammar.

Peace,
Martha