Arabic-L:GEN:Windows Responses

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Fri Jul 9 15:01:44 UTC 1999

1) Subject: Windows Response
2) Subject: Windows Response
3) Subject: Windows Response

Date: 09 Jul 1999
From: uns2 <w_samy at aucegypt.edu>
Subject: Windows Response

I am not clear on exactly what the problem is.
However, on the Windows CD are two subdirectories.
One is called Enabled, and the other Localised.
Each has a complete system, the difference is that
the Enabled one gives you English menus.  The
Localised gives Arabic menus.
One of the ways to install Windows is to boot your
PC with 'CD support', then change directory to the
CD, to the Enabled subdirectory on the Win98
CD, and from there run the setup program.

If I have understood correctly, you are planning to
keep an English version of Windows as well as the
Arabic one.  In my estimation, this is quite unnecessary.

Waheed