ARABIC-L: PEDA: Language Classification Responses

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Fri Mar 12 22:11:13 UTC 1999

1) Subject: Defense Language Institute URL
2) Subject: Accurate Classifications?
3) Subject: Department of Defense
4) Subject: Foreign Service Institute

Date: 12 Mar 1999
From: "T.A. MCALLISTER" <ecl6tam at lucs-01.novell.leeds.ac.uk>
Subject: Defense Language Institute URL

You could try:
http://dli-www.army.mil/pages_/catalog/acadcred.htm

The classification is based on the difficulty of learning the
language for speakers of American English, so it might not be exactly
equivalent for Norwegians, who might, for example, find learning
German easier than Americans would find it.

Best wishes.

Alec McAllister
Arts Computing Development Officer
Computing Service