Arabic-L:LING:qab and faw prefixes-corpus responses

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Fri Oct 29 18:20:53 UTC 1999

1) Subject: qab and faw prefixes-corpus response
2) Subject: qab and faw prefixes-corpus response
3) Subject: qab and faw prefixes-corpus response

Date: 29 Oct 1999
From: Jan Hoogland <j.hoogland at let.kun.nl>
Subject: qab and faw prefixes-corpus response

Alan,
I think they do not occur.
I checked my 11 million word corpus (63 MB), and found ZERO occurrences of
both words mentioned.

Checking all words starting with faw or qab in order to see other
occurrences of the prefixes would be too much trouble, because a search for
qb* or fw* will render thousands of occurrences.
However, if you have some specific combinations with these prefixes, it
would be easy.
Just let me know.

Jan