qab and faw prefixes-responses

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Fri Oct 29 18:15:39 UTC 1999

1) Subject: qab and faw prefixes-response
2) Subject: qab and faw prefixes-response
3) Subject: qab and faw prefixes-response

Date: 29 Oct 1999
From: "N. Heer" <heer at u.washington.edu>
Subject: qab and faw prefixes-response

	I have no idea why Wehr does not include them but they are
examples of modern Arabic words coined by the use of naHt.  Sati`
al-Husari has a chapter on such words in his _Ara' wa-ahadith fi al-lughah
wa-al-adab_, Beirut, 1957, pp. 130-147.  My impression, however, is that
few people use such coinages.
					Nicholas Heer