Arabic-L:LIST:Blank Messages

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Tue Sep 7 16:41:40 UTC 1999

1) Subject: Blank Messages

Date: 01 Sep 1999
From: moderator
Subject: Blank Messages

The list has received a number of blank messages during the last several
months.  If one of your messages did not get posted, it is probably because
it arrived blank.  I have tried to discover the reason for this, and it
turns out that our listserv interprets some HTML coded text as header
information, and puts in in the long header, which is usually hidden from
the reader unless he specifically goes and looks for it.  Even then, the
messgae is hidden away amidst gobs of uninterpretable HTML code.  This
apparently has something to do with those of you using web based mailers,
and also apparently there is some choice the mailer gives you when sending
mail whether to send it HTML coded or not.  So, if you have that option,
please choose to send it not HTML encoded so that I can read it and post
it.  An update of our server software is expected sometime within the next
four months, but it is currently unknown whether this will fix the problem
or not.  Thanks for your patience.
Dil