Arabic-L:GEN:stripping HTML

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Fri Aug 25 00:08:34 UTC 2000

1) Subject: stripping HTML

Date: 24 Aug 2000
From: Neal and Teresa Kaloupek <khaleej at omantel.net.om>
Subject: stripping HTML

[I think this message was meant mainly for me, but thought some of you
might benefit from the info. Dil]

A fairly easy way of removing the HTML (as in the message of 14 August with
the subject "Translation Website") in Windows is as follows:

1) Select the message from the first HTML tag through the last;
2) Copy it to the clipboard (either through Edit / Copy or with Ctrl-C);
3) Create a new temporary text document (I usually do it on my desktop);
4) Open the text document and paste the HTML text into it;
5) Save and close the document containing the HTML;
6) Rename the text document to have a suffix of .HTM instead of .TXT; [To do
this you may need to turn off hiding suffixes, or "file extensions"; go into
Windows Explorer and to "View" / "Folder Options..." and the "View" tab, and
uncheck the "Hide file extensions for known file types" checkbox.]
7) After the document has an .HTM extension you can open it in your web
browser and see it the way it was meant to be seen; from there if you'd like
you can copy and paste the text into a plain-text message.