Arabic-L:LING:Discordant Agreement Responses

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Tue Feb 29 00:13:57 UTC 2000

1) Subject: Discordant Agreement Responses
2) Subject: Discordant Agreement Responses

Date: 28 Feb 2000
From: Srpko Lestaric <srpkole at EUnet.yu>
Subject: Discordant Agreement Responses

Iraqis would not say /gahwa (or qahwa) turki/, neither Sa:buuna Halebi, but
they use in that manner, for instance, the word /bla:di/ = genuin, i.e. from
the country where something is originaly produced :

adawa:t bla:di, or quTa3 bla:di (= genuin spare parts).

Whether such things occur in the final position only I cannot say at the
moment, but it is most probable.

Srpko Lestaric