Arabic-L:GEN:Windows 2000 Responses

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Tue Feb 29 00:11:36 UTC 2000

1) Subject: Windows 2000 Response
2) Subject: Windows 2000 Response

Date: 28 Feb 2000
From: Brian Bishop <bdb at email.byu.edu>
Subject: Windows 2000 Response

I have been running a Beta version of Windows 2000 in combination with
Office 2000 for nearly six months and have been quite impressed with its
Arabic language facilities.  I have been able to use Word 2000 and Excel
2000 to edit Arabic language documents with a minimum of difficulty.
Windows 2000 includes the necessary fonts to be able to type in Arabic,
as well as keyboard layouts and other necessities.  Switching from
Arabic to English and vice versa is quite seamless.  In my experience,
Windows 2000 and Office 2000 are quite adept at managing Arabic language
computing and thankfully obviate the need to buy expensive Arabic
language editions of the software.  I should qualify that, however, by
saying that I believe localized versions and spell checkers must still
be purchased separately, as far as I know.

Brian Bishop