Arabic-L:PEDA:Needs NY area Egyptian Arabic Tutor

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Thu Jun 8 23:47:39 UTC 2000

1) Subject: Needs NY area Egyptian Arabic Tutor

Date: 07 Jun 2000
From: nreed at Stanford.EDU
Subject: Needs NY area Egyptian Arabic Tutor

[Please respond directly to the requester.]

Dear Sirs-

I am interested in finding a summer tutor in Modern Egyptian Arabic
in N.Y.C, for the months of July and August. My hope is to find
someone willing to tutor me for 1 to 4 hours a week. I am primarily
interested in learning a conversational Egyptian Dialect. I am
looking to pay about $10.00 to $20.00 an hour depending on how many
times we meet a week. I will be living in the Village in Manhattan
starting in the end of June.

My background information is the following: my name is Nicholas Reed
and I am currently a student at Stanford University. I have just
finished my first year of Arabic and I am planning on traveling to
Egypt in October. I have participated in a program that integrates
reading, writing and conversation for beginning Arabic students.
However, my professor is Palestinian and thus most of the
converstional Arabic I have learned will not apply to my stay in
Egypt.
I have been recommended to you by Dr. Khalil Barhoum, the head
coordinator of Middle Eastern & African languages and literatures at
Stanford University. Any information that could assist my search
would be incredibly helpful.

My email address is:   nreed at stanford.edu

Thank you very much,

Nicholas Reed