Arabic-L:LING:Kashida response

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Wed Jun 21 23:02:50 UTC 2000

1) Subject: Kashida response

Date: 21 Jun 2000
From: Paul Nelson <paulnel at microsoft.com>
Subject: Kashida response

I have some documentation on this subject, along with typographic rules.

If you are developing the software for Windows you should use Uniscribe
(USP10.DLL) for your Arabic text handling. This has the rules for kashida
insertion integrated with it. It will save you having to reinvent the wheel.

If you are developing for other platforms or are otherwise interested in
receiving the rules for this should contact me directly. This way the
list will not be flooded with an attachment that many people are not
interested in.

Regards,

Paul Nelson
Office Complex Script Group