Arabic-L:LIT:JAIS Keyboard Info

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Fri Mar 31 17:35:23 UTC 2000

1) Subject: JAIS Keyboard Info

Date: 31 Mar 2000
From: Joseph Norment Bell <joseph.bell at msk.uib.no>
Subject: JAIS Keyboard Info
JOURNAL OF ARABIC AND ISLAMIC STUDIES
http://www.uib.no/jais
http://enlil.ff.cuni.cz/jais

The version of the keyboard mapping program Keys (2.1) which can be
downloaded free from our Web sites is 16-bit, meant for Windows 3.x,
although it works without problem on Windows 95 (at least on the Arabic
enabled version). We have had problems using it with Windows NT 4 (with
Arabic support), and we do not know how it performs with Windows 98. A
32-bit _shareware_ version can be downloaded for trial from the author Peter
Szaszvari's software page at

http://www.szp-software.com/

We have tested the new version of Keys with 32-bit Windows (NT) and have
prepared a corresponding version of the .INI file for the JAIS1font
(entitled Keys32.ini) which can now be downloaded from our Web sites.

Regards,

Joseph Bell and Petr Zemanek