Arabic-L:LING: What is NACAL?

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Fri Mar 31 17:22:58 UTC 2000

1) Subject: What is NACAL? (and the answer)

Date: 31 Mar 2000
From: Andrew Freeman <andyf at umich.edu>
Subject: What is NACAL? (and the answer)

What is NACAL????
andy

NACAL is (I believe) the North American Conference on Afro-Asiatic
Linguistics, although that may not be exactly right.  It meets generally
with or just before the American Oriental Society, and last time I attended
had presentations on everything from Berber to Chadic languages to Arabic
and other semitic languages.  If anyone wants to add more detail, please do.
Dil