Arabic-L:LING:bosta responses

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Tue Nov 21 19:32:36 UTC 2000

1) Subject: bosta response
2) Subject: bosta response
3) Subject: bosta response
4) Subject: bosta response
5) Subject: bosta response
6) Subject: bosta response
7) Subject: bosta response
8) Subject: bosta response

Date: 21 Nov 2000
From: "Chouairi, R. MR           DFL" <GR6548 at exmail.usma.army.mil>
Subject: bosta response

Dear Bosta Friends
This song was first written and composed by Ziad al-Rahbani not for his
mother Fayrouz but for the late Joseph Saqr in the late seventies.  Fayrouz
sang this song first at the Olympia in Paris in 1978.  Bosta is the way the
Beiruties pronounce Bousta or Boosta the word for bus in dialect.  A similar
words are Fasoolia (beans) in the rest of Lebanon, Fasolia in Beirut...
Sorry I am hungry now.
Rajaa Chouairi