Arabic-L:PEDA:NSA Arabic Instructor Position

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Wed Apr 18 17:29:02 UTC 2001

1) Subject: NSA Arabic Instructor Position

Date: 18 Apr 2001
From: KiKi Tsamouras <aatsamo at nsa.gov>
Subject: NSA Arabic Instructor Position

ARABIC LANGUAGE INSTRUCTOR

The National Security Agency (NSA) is the nation¹s cryptologic
organization. Our twofold mission is the protection of U.S.
information systems and the production of cryptologic information. We
are also one of the most important centers of foreign analysis and
research within the Government. We are seeking an experienced Arabic
Language Instructor for our National Cryptologic School.

Language Instructors at the National Cryptologic School have the
opportunity to teach students at levels well beyond the norm in
university classrooms, often teaching students whose skills range
from Advanced through Superior according to the ACTFL rating system.
Class sizes tend to be small, allowing teachers to give their
students the attention they need, and all instructors are encouraged
to employ the latest methodologies and technologies in the classroom.

The successful applicant will possess the following:

 M.A. Degree in Arabic Language, Linguistics or Area Studies

 Ph.D. or ABD preferred

 Near native/native proficiency of Modern Standard Arabic with at
least one dialect

 Proven experience with curricula development

 A strong desire to develop and implement creative teaching methods

 Ability to develop criteria for evaluating training effectiveness

 Experience with a variety of training delivery systems

 Strong PC skills and technical ability

 Excellent communication skills

For consideration, please forward your resume and cover letter to
langteacher at nsa.gov or send a fax to (410) 854-5198. No phone calls
please. Qualified candidates will be contacted.

An equal opportunity employer, the NSA is committed to cultural
diversity in the workplace. Positions open to U.S. citizens only and
employment is contingent upon successful completion of a security
background investigation and polygraph. Salary is commensurate with
education and experience, range $36,000-53,000 per year. For more
information about NSA, please visit our web site at: www.nsa.gov