Arabic-L:LING:defective forms pronunciation responses

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Wed Aug 29 21:32:56 UTC 2001

1) Subject: defective forms pronunciation response
2) Subject: defective forms pronunciation response

Date:  29 Aug 2001
From: aliaa taha <aliaa_anis at hotmail.com>
Subject: defective forms pronunciation response

Dear Mr.Kirk, we Egyptians do not confirm to the strict rules of
standard Arabic while reading a newspaper, that's why we would read
"lam yad'u" and not "lam yad'".If you need more information about the
Egyptian Colloquial Arabic language, please let me know, I would be
pleased to help.Thanks.Mrs.Aliaa Anis-language instructor at
Alexandria University.