Arabic-L:GEN:Web Site Responses

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Thu Feb 1 20:49:45 UTC 2001

1) Subject: Web Site Response
2) Subject: Web Site Response

Date: 01 Feb 2001
From: N.R.Liwal <www.liwal.net>
Subject: Web Site Response

Dear Dr Malek Boualem;

Most of the Arabic and other Arabic script based
Languages like Pashto, Farsi, Urdu and many others
I have come across, utilize the CP1256, GIF or PDF.

In case of Arabic, since it was supported by Windows
3.x, 95, 98 and now 2000, I can assume that 80% are
using code page 1256, 20% may use PDF or GIF.
Also that percentage may apply to Farsi.

Urdu web site are 90% GIF and 10% cover other
vender based code pages.

Most of the Pashto WebPages will be based on our
Pashto support for Windows, which are based on
codepage 1256 and some of them are using GIF.

N.R.Liwal
www.liwal.net