Arabic-L:GEN:JAIS Articles

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Wed Jan 24 16:51:51 UTC 2001

1) Subject: JAIS Articles

Date: 42 Jan 2001
From: Joseph Norment Bell <joseph.bell at msk.uib.no>
Subject: JAIS Articles

Journal of Arabic and Islamic Studies
http://www.uib.no/jais
http://enlil.ff.cuni.cz/jais

The final versions (PDF and HTML) of the following articles have been
posted on the Norwegian site recently:

Vol. 2 (1998/99): Erica Sapper Simpson. "ISLAM IN UZBEKISTAN: WHY FREEDOM
OF RELIGION IS FUNDAMENTAL FOR PEACE AND STABILITY IN THE REGION." (Adobe
Acrobat 4.0 PDF file and HTML version.)

Vol. 3 (2000): James E. Montgomery. "IBN FADLAN AND THE RUSIYYAH." (Adobe
Acrobat 4.0 PDF file and HTML version.)

Vol. 3 (2000): Ronald A. Lukens-Bull. "TEACHING MORALITY: JAVANESE ISLAMIC
EDUCATION IN A GLOBALIZING ERA." (Adobe Acrobat 4.0 PDF file and HTML version.)

The HTML versions were created with Word (Office 2000), which as an HTML
editor and reader (like the newer versions of Internet Explorer for Windows
98 and 2000) does not recognize our JAIS1 TTW dot under certain letters
(h,a, etc. = upper ASCII position 152, soft hyphen), and cannot produce it.
Articles without Arabic script (all of the above-mentioned) are better read
with Netscape. We will reinsert missing dots as soon as time allows.