Arabic-L:TRANS:Need Translator

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Mon Jul 30 15:38:49 UTC 2001

1) Subject: Need Translator

Date: 30 Jul 2001
From: GnhBos at aol.com
Subject: Need Translator

[moderator's note: please do NOT respond to Arabic-L; send response
directly to poster of message or the one who is posting the job]

A major distributor of food products to the Middle East in
Northern California is seeking help for his Arabic labels:

Wanted - Someone to assist in reading product labels printed
in English, and translating them into Arabic.  Right below the
product label English words, I would like the Arabic translation
printed onto the same label. The label information to be translated
looks like this:

NSN             :  8940-00-348-6976
FIC(for cargo items only)   :  J68
Nomenclature            :  Beans, Refried, No. 10 Size Can
Pack Size           :  6 X #10 Cans
Unit of Issue           :  CN
Net Weight          :  48 LB AVG.
Gross Case Weight/Cubic Ft. :  41 LBs / 0.750
Expiration Date         :  31-December-2002
Packed Date         :  31-December-2000
Manufactured by     :  Old El Paso Foods Co.
Order Number            :  FF5168
Lot Number          :  84721

I have translator software (An-Nakel) and Windows98 + Word,
both handling (Arabic) to be used in the translation process.
Contact: Dick McKeague (510)233-5111, Richmond, CA Email:
dickm at richmondpeakquality.com

Please respond to Mr. Dick McKeague, directly, or to the undersigned.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

George N. Hallak
AramediA Group