Arabic-L:GEN:GIF responses

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Fri Jun 8 19:42:03 UTC 2001

1) Subject: GIF response
2) Subject: GIF response
3) Subject: GIF response
4) Subject: GIF response

Date: 08 Jun 2001
From: Ahmed Hatem <amhatem at hotmail.com>
Subject: GIF response

Hi,
I think you mean that arabic html files that are saved as gifs rather
than text, well you can try an arabic OCR to convert it. you can get
one from Sakhr Software. www.sakhr.com it is called sakhr automatic
reader. I hope it can help.

yours
Hatem

Date: 08 Jun 2001
From: Waheed Samy <wasamy at umich.edu>

In broad terms, what you need in order to convert a text image into text
(characters) is optical character recognition (OCR) software.  Sakhr
sells one such
package.

Waheed