Arabic-L:GEN:Advertisement for QuarkXpress

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Wed Mar 28 22:22:20 UTC 2001

1) Subject: Advertisement for QuarkXpress

Date: 28 Mar 2001
From: GnhBos at aol.com
Subject: Advertisement for QuarkXpress

Press Release, March 2001
===================

IDEX Show Daily Published on QuarkXPress & ArabicXT LIVE
Press Release.

  Layout Middle East is proud to announce that the "Gulf Defense
Magazine" and "Jane's Information Group" have joined forces again
to publish the IDEX 2001 Show Daily Magazine using Layout's
QuarkXPress & ArabicXT publishing software.

  IDEX 2001, the Fifth International Defense Exhibition and
Conference, is being held at the Abu Dhabi International Exhibition
Center in the UAE capital, Abu Dhabi, from 18- 22 March 2001.
IDEX 2001 is the biggest defense exhibition in the region. Over
800 companies from more than 41 countries participate in this
exhibition, which is attended by over 40,000 professional and
committed visitors from around the world.

  Live demonstrations on ammunition & arms are conducted
daily during the show.

  Editors and reporters gather their articles and news, then
download them directly to the editorial work group network.
Photographers use state of the art digital cameras and
scanners to download their pictures and images onto the
network. Page layout artists use QuarkXPress & ArabicXT
to assemble pages both in English & Arabic, and after proofing,
pages are sent via ISDN lines straight from the show grounds
to the Printing Press, where printing plates are made and the
Magazine is printed.

"We have been using QuarkXPress & ArabicXT for producing
our bi-monthly Gulf Defense Magazine for a long time." Said Mr.
Youssef Faour, Production Manager of the Magazine. "We rely
on QuarkXPress & ArabicXT for all our publishing needs. We
need fast and reliable DTP products like QuarkXPress & ArabicXT,
in order to be able to publish a daily magazine live from the show
and meet our deadlines." Added Mr. Faour.

"It gives us great pleasure to see our products being used at
state of the art publishing sites like the Gulf Defense Magazine
site" Said Mr. Joe Karkour, Area Manager of Layout Middle East.
"QuarkXPress & ArabicXT are reliable products and continue to
dominate the publishing industry in the world." Added Mr. Karkour.

  More About Layout:
  http://www.Layoutltd.com

  More About AramediA:
  http://www.aramedia.com