Arabic-L:LING:Southern Egyptian Dialects

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Wed Nov 7 22:45:04 UTC 2001

1) Subject: Southern Egyptian Dialects
2) Subject: Southern Egyptian Dialects
3) Subject: Southern Egyptian Dialects

Date:  07 Nov 2001
From: DLNewman <d.newman at planetinternet.be>
Subject: Southern Egyptian Dialects

Hello again,

A few more secondary sources for Sa'idi Arabic that I forgot to include in
my first message:
OMAR, Margaret K. (1973): The acquisition of Egyptian Arabic as a native
language, (Janua Linguarum, Series Practica, No. 160), The Hague/Paris
(Mouton).
OWENS, Jonathan: 'The origins of East African Nubi', Anthropological
Linguistics, vol. 27, NO. 2, pp. 229-71.
ROUCHDY, Aleya: 'Languages in contact: Arabic-Nubian', Anthropological
Linguistics, vol. 22, No. 8, pp. 334-344.
TOMICHE, N. (1962): 'Les parlers arabes d'Egypte. Matériaux pour une étude
de géographie dialectale', in: Etudes d'Orientalisme dédiées à la mémoire de
Lévi-Provençal, vol. II, Paris, pp. 767-779.
WINKLER, H. A. (1936): Ägyptische Volkskunde, Stuttgart.
WOIDICH, M. (1978): 'Bemerkungen zu den arabischen Dialekten
Mittelägyptens', Zeitschrift der arabischen Literature (ZAL), 1, pp. 54-63.

Kind regards,

Daniel Newman