Arabic-L:PEDA:Wants info on Arabic study in ME

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Mon Nov 12 17:41:23 UTC 2001

1) Subject: Wants info on Arabic study in ME

Date:  12 Nov 2001
From: Dale Frakes <dpfrakes at yahoo.com>
Subject: Wants info on Arabic study in ME

Hello everyone!

This is a three part question.

First, the school I am attending for my MBA has no formal Middle
East/Arabic component to their program.  (I am attending UP because I
work there and can go for nearly free).  I am taking it upon myself
to augment my program with study abroad during the summers.  Can any
of you recommend good sources for financial aid, including grants,
scholarships, and loans.

Second, and more specifically, I have looked into Fullbright, NSEP,
and a company called International Education Finance Corporation
(IEFC - http://www.iefc.com/).  I would appreciate hearing about any
experiences or suggestions regarding these sources.  Has anyone used
or heard of IEFC?  I am somewhat hesitant to apply to a company I
have only seen on the web.

Third, most of the summer programs that I can find apprear to be in
Lebanon, Egypt, Jordan, Syria, and Morocco.  Does anyone know of
programs in the Gulf region?  On the other hand, does anyone know of
particularly good programs anywhere in the Middle East?

I thank you all any information you can provide.  In addition to
using
this information for my own program, I also intend to compile
information from responses and put it on my website, so please let me
know if you do not want it listed there.

Sincerely,
Dale Frakes