Arabic-L:PEDA:Arabic credits by test query

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Tue Sep 4 14:55:38 UTC 2001

1) Subject: Arabic credits by test query

Date:   04 Sep 2001
From: Atallah Zitoon <azitoon at worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Arabic credits by test query

[Please respond directly to requester.  I lost this message for two
months, so he may be surprised to hear from you.  I just found it
today--Dil]

I am currently attending classes in University of Texas at Arlington.
I am from Syria and my native language is Arabic.  I am required to
have foreign language hours to get my degree.  I was told that if I
can test for the Arabic (I am after all taking all of my classes in a
language that is foreign to me) at a school that offers it as a part
of the curriculum that I might be able to transfer those hours and
not need to take Spanish here. Is it possible to do this in your
program?  If it is, what do I need to do and about how much will it
cost?

Thank you for your response to my inquiry,
Atallah Zitoon
4632 Moss Rose Drive
Fort Worth, Texas 76137
817-528-9590