Arabic-L:LING:Further Judaeo-Arabic query

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Tue Sep 4 18:33:25 UTC 2001

1) Subject: Further Judaeo-Arabic query

Date:  04 Sep 2001
From: Frantz <erkidego at yahoo.com>
Subject: Further Judaeo-Arabic query

Thank you.

I will contact the TV station.  In the report the Sephardic Jewish man
referred to the holy books used in his synagogue and listed: the Torah,
Siddur, and the Qur'an.  When he showed the copy of the Qur'an it was in
Hebrew script, but it looks like Judaeo-Arabic  (at one point he referred to
his Qur'an "written in Hebrew language."  If there is a Qur'an in Hebrew
language I also want to get a copy of it.  Does anyone know where to buy it?

Thank you

Frantz