Arabic-L:PEDA:Using Arabic Chat among Professors and Students

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Tue Sep 25 15:13:05 UTC 2001

1) Subject: Using Arabic Chat among Professors and Students

Date:  25 Sep 2001
From: mehalld at georgetown.edu
Subject: Using Arabic Chat among Professors and Students

I am interested in knowing what American universities are actively
using Arabic script, not just for browsing,
but for e-mail and chat rooms for professors and students of Arabic.
The Georgetown University computer
people will not allow a left-to-right, IBM (or compatible) operating
language system to be linked to our local
web for fear that it will corrupt the our local network. Any
suggestions and/or solutions are appreciated.

David Mehall
Visitng Assistant Professor
Georgetown University