Arabic-L:LING:Transliteration query clarified

Dilworth Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Mon Apr 22 22:46:01 UTC 2002

1) Subject:Transliteration query clarified

Date:  22 Apr 2002
From:Emma Trentman <trentmae at georgetown.edu>
Subject:Transliteration query clarified

Hello, I recently sent in a request about information concerning
tranliteration of English into Arabic.  However, while I got many
excellent replies, what I am actually looking for is English
transliteration into Arabic, not the tranliteration of Arabic into
English.  For instance, how does an Arabic newspaper spell Pam Smith or
Fort Worth, or the like? If anyone has any ideas, sources, or articles
that deal with this, I would appreciate the references.
     Thanks,
         Emma