Arabic-L PEDA:Needs English for Special Purposes Materials for Arabic Speakers

Dilworth Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Mon Dec 30 22:48:28 UTC 2002

1) Subject:Needs English for Special Purposes Materials for Arabic
Speakers

Date:  30 Dec 2002
From: Elizabeth Bergman <embergman at earthlink.net>
Subject:Needs English for Special Purposes Materials for Arabic Speakers

I have been asked to locate classroom-ready ESP teaching materials.
This is
not my area of particular interest, but has landed on my desk because
the
learners are speakers of Arabic.

The materials are in specific
technical areas.  They are (1) radar, (2) telecommunications, (3) air
traffic
control, (4) computer hardware, and (5) computer software.

If you can suggest textbooks in any of these areas or have developed
materials
for classroom use that you would be willing to share (compensation to be
negotiated), please contact me off-list.

Many thanks in advance and best wishes for the holidays,

Elizabeth M. Bergman

embergman at earthlink.net