Arabic-L:LING:Arabic Adjective pairs response

Dilworth B. Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Wed Jan 9 23:38:38 UTC 2002

1) Subject: Arabic Adjective pairs response

Date:  09 Jan 2002
From: Mutarjm at aol.com
Subject: Arabic Adjective pairs response

Greetings / tahaiya tayyiha wa b3ad....

For starters (depending on the scope and nature of your research),
you might do a web search for Dr Lorand Szalay.

He was principal investigator at a consulting firm in Suitland,
Maryland that did research during the 1980-1990s on a cross-cultural
communication model termed Associative Group Analysis (AGA).

One of their products involved English <-> Arabic adjective pairs and
their respective semantic differentials. That was a very useful
reference in some of my research as an Arabic dialectologist in the
Gulf region.

I think I can retrieve my copies of his reports on Arabic and Persian
Farsi pairs (I recently moved, so much is still in cartons). So,
please e-mail your fax number to me, and I'll copy and send the pages
with publisher data.

Hope this helps. Ahalan wa sahalan...

Khair, in sha' Allah.

Regards from Los Angeles,