Arabic-L:TRANS:Ta'nafa responses

Dilworth Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Wed Jul 3 22:42:43 UTC 2002

1) Subject:Ta'nafa response

Date:  03 Jul 2002
From:Waheed Samy <wasamy at umich.edu>
Subject:Ta'nafa response

Perhaps a little more of a context might be helpful.
Try the following URL :
http://lexicons.sakhr.com/

If the word in question happens to be the Vth form perfect,  tafa33ala:
ta'annafa, then the root would be ANF, for which there are several
meanings.  Otherwise, if indeed Ta'nafah starts with a velarized T,
(Taa'), then I suspect the pattern is fa3lala, root T'NF (Taa', hamza,
nuun, faa'),
for which I have found no entries.

Waheed
===============================
Just for fun, the following is a copy of my (above) response, after being
fixed by my spell checker:

Perhaps a little more of a context might be helpful.
Try the following URL :
http://lexicons.sakhr.com/

If the word in question happens to be the Vetch form perfect,  tafa33ala:
ta'annafa, then the root would be AN, for which there are several
meanings.  Otherwise, if indeed Ta'nafah starts with a valorized T,
(Tea'), then I suspect the pattern is fall, root TEN (Tea', hams, nun,
fax'),