Written Objectives for Each Major

Dilworth Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Fri Jul 5 20:47:33 UTC 2002

Guess what?
We have been asked to develop, by the end of summer.  This will allow the college and university curriculum councils to evaluated requests for program changes in light of program aims, and it should "assist departments in evaluating and plannign major requirements.'  It will also help us 'inch our way forward into the culture of assessment,' a culture that will be assumed at our next accreditation visit.

You remember assessment?  Well, it hasn't gone away yet.

I am going to have Cally put a sample (from Electrical Engineering) in each of your boxes.  I need the section heads of Chinese, Japanese and Korean to come up with something.  We can discuss it at our meetings the end of August, but you should at least have a good draft by them, because by the end of that week, I need to turn them in.
Dil