Arabic-L:PEDA:Needs MECAS grammar etc

Dilworth Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Thu Jul 25 18:21:39 UTC 2002

1) Subject:Needs MECAS grammar or other books with MLA and English

Date:  25 Jul 2002
From:amany haroun ahmad <amany33 at hotmail.com>
Subject:Needs MECAS grammar or other books with MLA and English

I am in search of a usable copy of the M.E.C.A.S. Grammar of Modern
Literary
Arabic, first published in Shemlan in 1965.  Major book outlets and my
local
foreign language book shops do not carry it, and it is almost certainly
out
of print.

More importantly, I am very anxious to find any reader or text book that
contains passages in MLA for which English translations are provided
either
immediately after the Arabic or in an available handbook/guide.  Ideal
would
be a collection of newspaper articles that appear both in English and
Arabic. . .Also acceptable would be excerpts and translations from other
modern sources.  A.T. Hassanein's Connectors book has a nice collection,
along these lines, and I have this, but I need more . . .

Many thanks. . .