Arabic-L:LING:Ancient Egyptian/Arabic relationship query

Dilworth Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Sat Jun 1 14:30:25 UTC 2002

1) Subject:Ancient Egyptian/Arabic relationship query

Date:  01 Jun 2002
From:Tunde Borka <tundike at hotmail.com>
Subject:Ancient Egyptian/Arabic relationship query

[please respond directly to the queryer]

I am studiyng Arabic (Egyptian) for a year now, and I would like to ask
your help. I am looking for information about the history of the Arabic
language and the possible connections between the Egyptian hieroghlyphs
or demotic writing and modern Arabic.
Could you please tell me your opinion and suggest me some books or
web-sites where I can find answer to me questions?
Thank you very much,
Tunde Borka