Arabic-L:GEN:JAIS publication and info

Dilworth Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Fri May 10 21:58:26 UTC 2002

1) Subject:JAIS publication and info

Date:  10 May 2002
From:"Joseph N. Bell" <joseph.bell at msk.uib.no>
Subject:JAIS publication and info

It pleases me to announce that a contract between Edinburgh University
Press and the University of Bergen for the publication of the paper
version of JAIS plus one monograph per year has been signed. Publication
will start with volumes 1-3 (1996-97, 1998-99, and 2000) and the two
monographs already accepted. Volume 4 (2001-2002) and the next monograph
will be published as soon as they are ready. (Monographs require a
subsidy of GBP 1750 for works up to 256 pages.)

Minimally formatted versions of both the journal and the monographs
(current and future) will be allowed to remain on the Internet,
providing research results to a wide audience and to many scholars who
otherwise could not afford access to the information.

We still have some room in volume 4 (2001-2002) and volume 5 (2003) and
invite contributions. Our readers may also wish to consider submitting
longer works to the monograph series.

If an e-mail to me is rejected by our prudish server at Bergen (this
happens if your Internet provider sends out a lot of "spam" and
unsolicited pornography), mail me at

norme-b at online.no
Joseph Bell