Arabic-L:LIT:Needs Arabian Nights Info

Dilworth Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Fri May 10 21:58:25 UTC 2002

1) Subject:Needs Arabian Nights Info

Date:  10 May 2002
From:moderator
Subject:Needs Arabian Nights Info

[We have received the following request and wonder if anyone out there
has encyclopedic knowledge of the Arabian Nights tales and could help
this person out.]

I am currently preparing for a production of "Arabian Nights" at the Rose
Wagner Theatre in SLC and have been searching--without luck--The Tales
from
the Thousand and One Nights for a story that I heard some time ago,
which (as
I recall) deals with a person who is concealed inside a bag.  This
person is
thought to be a monster or deformed, but it turns out to be
otherwise-perhaps
it is a beautiful woman, but my memory of the story is vague.  Are you
able
to shed any light on my search, or might you be able to refer me to
another
faculty member well versed in these tales?
I appreciate any information you might be able to provide,
Best wishes,
Roger Benington
BeningtonR at aol.com