Arabic-L:GEN:Transliterating Arabic on a PC query

Dilworth Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Thu May 30 23:04:13 UTC 2002

1) Subject:Transliterating Arabic on a PC query
1) Subject:Transliterating Arabic on a PC response

Date:  30 May 2002
From:Paul Roochnik <paul at TranslationGuy.com>
Subject:Transliterating Arabic on a PC query

Dear Colleagues,
My friend, Ahmad Al-Ubaydli, would like information on the
transliteration of Arabic on the PC.  If you would be so kind as to
reply directly to him, I am sure he would be most grateful.
Thanks and cheers,
Abu Sammy.

From: Ahmad Al-Ubaydli [mailto:ahmad at alubaydli.com]

Can you please advise me on the best transliteration system available on
PC. As you know the "symbol" facility does not cover all diacritics used
for transliterating Arabic.
Your help would appreciated
Regards
ahmad al-ubaydli           ahmad at alubaydli.com