Arabic-L:GEN:Getting wasla and dagger on MAC

Dilworth Parkinson dilworth_parkinson at byu.edu
Mon Dec 29 19:58:54 UTC 2003

1) Subject:Getting wasla and dagger on MAC

Date: 29 Dec  2003
From:faruk at welho.com
Subject:Getting wasla and dagger on MAC

Dear Sir

I a m sorry to bother in my question since I have a real problem which
is
that I am using a Macintosh computer with the Nisus program and the
fonts I
am using mostly are GIZA and NADIM but as you know these fonts are
missing
several diacritic signs mentioned below:

- hamzatu l-wasli (waslah)

- A miniature (dagger) alif which is written above the (h) in (haadha)
or
above the shaddah in (allah) or above the (l) in (laakin).

- It should be two alternatives for writing the letter nr. 26 (h) when
it is
written in the middle.

Would you be kind and inform me how to overcome this problems.

Sincerely

Faruk Abu-Chacra
(Senior Lecturer)
Institute for Asian and African Studies