Arabic-L:PEDA:Call for Participation: Training Videos

Dilworth Parkinson dilworth_parkinson at byu.edu
Mon Dec 29 19:58:59 UTC 2003

1) Subject:Call for Participation: Training Videos

Date: 29 Dec  2003
From:Martha Schulte-Nafeh <marthas at u.arizona.edu>
Subject:Call for Participation: Training Videos

Dear Colleagues,
As part of the activities of the National Middle East Language Resource
Center (NMELRC), we are preparing training videos demonstrating good
classroom teaching practices. These videos will serve as a valuable
resource
for all teachers of Arabic and will be accompanied by an explanation of
some
teaching principles and techniques.
We would like to solicit the cooperation of any teachers of Arabic who
would
be interested in participating. What we would like is to get video
footage
from your classes that demonstrate good practices. The footage doesn¹t
have
to be long. You can choose an activity that you do well in class and
would
like to share with other colleagues. You need to arrange for someone at
your
school to videotape you (preferably using a digital camera).
If you would be willing to contribute to this project and share your
teaching skills and expertise, please contact me at
marthas at u.arizona.edu to
discuss the arrangements. We would like to get the videos by April 1st,
2004.

Peace,
Martha

Martha Schulte-Nafeh