Arabic-L:GEN:Sutras

Dilworth Parkinson Dilworth_Parkinson at byu.edu
Mon Jan 20 22:19:52 UTC 2003

1) Subject:Sutras

Date:  20 Jan 2003
From: moderator
Subject:Sutras

I recognize that subscribers to this list have varying degrees of
competence in English, and in recognizing such things as sarcasm and
humor.  Instead of posting the MANY messages I received about the fact
that the Quran has suras, not sutras, and that there are 114 of them,
not 112, I'll just say that the original message was meant to poke fun
at the 'Idiot's Guide' and indicate that it is not a reliable source.
Thanks for you contributions.
Dil