Arabic-L:LING:Arabic names responses

Dilworth Parkinson dilworth_parkinson at byu.edu
Mon Jul 7 18:06:34 UTC 2003

1) Subject:Arabic names response
2) Subject:Arabic names response

Date: 30 Jun 2003
From: Tim Buckwalter <timbuckwalter at earthlink.net>
Subject:Arabic names response

Hi, Ada.
I assume you've already extracted all the proper names from my lexicon?
BBN has a copy, I'm sure. If you don't have a copy you can download it
from here:

http://www.ldc.upenn.edu/Catalog/CatalogEntry.jsp?catalogId=LDC2002L49
The Perl one-liner for extracting proper names:
    perl -ne 'print if /\tN.+?\t[A-Z]/' < dictStems
Unfortunately my entries have no information on whether the proper names
are for people or locations, etc.
Regards,
Tim