Arabic-L:LING:LDC will pay for Levantine Phone Conversations

Dilworth Parkinson dilworth_parkinson at byu.edu
Thu Nov 13 17:33:27 UTC 2003

1) Subject:LDC will pay for Levantine Phone Conversations (native
speakers only)

Date: 13 Nov  2003
From:Tim Buckwalter <timbuck2 at ldc.upenn.edu>
Subject:LDC will pay for Levantine Phone Conversations (native speakers
only)

The Linguistic Data Consortium at the University of Pennsylvania is
conducting a telephone speech study supporting linguistic research,
technology development and education. Participants take part in 1-3
telephone calls talking to other participants for ten minutes. These
calls are recorded for research and educational purposes, and
participants receive $15 for every successful call in which they take
part. A robot operator initiates all calls, and participants answer the
phone only at the time(s) they specify during registration. If you are a
NATIVE SPEAKER OF LEVANTINE ARABIC and are interested in participating
in this study, please visit the LDC website for further details:
http://www.ldc.upenn.edu/fisher/
Additional details can be obtained from David Miller, FISHER Project
Manager, by calling 1-800-380-PENN. We also have an Arabic version of
this announcement that you may want to post on your Arabic department
bulletin board. Since we can't post graphics on Arabic-L please contact
me if you'd like a copy.

Thank you,

Tim Buckwalter
Linguistic Data Consortium