Arabic-L:GEN:Soliciting advice for Arabic self-study

Nathan Arp nja9 at email.byu.edu
Thu Dec 16 19:01:35 UTC 2004

1) Subject:Soliciting advice for Arabic self-study

Date: 16 Dec  2004
From:Gauche Ruffian <gaucheruffian at hotmail.com>
Subject:Soliciting advice for Arabic self-study

Hi all. I'm looking for advice on an (overly?) ambitious plan to
strengthen my Fusha Arabic skills. A few details:

- I must do this as quickly as possible.
- I must focus particularly on reading and listening skills.
- I must do this through self-study. (I just don't have access to many
resources in the Buffalo, NY area.)
- I am currently at a low-intermediate to mid-intermediate skill level.
- My end goal is to be proficient enough to pass something like the
Defense Language Proficiency Test (which I don't know very much about).

Perhaps I'm being unrealistic and am in over my head. Still, I'd
appreciate any tips on useful books, software, etc. or general advice.
Please email me at kooshari at hotmail.com and thanks so much in advance
for your help.
Brian

End of Arabic-L:  16 Dec  2004