Arabic-L:PEDA:Childrens books responses

Dilworth Parkinson dilworth_parkinson at byu.edu
Wed Jul 21 17:47:15 UTC 2004

1) Subject:Childrens books response
2) Subject:Childrens books response
3) Subject:Childrens books response
4) Subject:Childrens books response
5) Subject:Childrens books response

Date: 21 Jul 2004
From:ncoffin at Princeton.EDU
Subject:Childrens books response

Dear Brian:

I've also been searching for Arabic children's books lately, for my
kids.
Often what is available is either very didactic or is a direct
translation
from English or other European sources.  Anyway, these two websites
have a
good selection of materials for children:

Astrolabe & ISNA:  http://www.isna.com

Noorart:  http://www.noorart.com

Also, when your Arabic improves a bit, Dar al-Adab has an excellent
series
of four children's books, with very amusing text and witty
illustrations,
written by Samah Idriss, which can be ordered directly from the
publisher.
You can email them at d_aladab at cyberia.net.lb for more information.

Good luck!

Nancy Coffin