Arabic-L:LING:Needs Arabic Names transliterated

Dilworth Parkinson dilworth_parkinson at byu.edu
Fri May 28 22:24:26 UTC 2004

1) Subject:Needs Arabic Names transliterated

Date: 28 Mar 2004
From:GillieD at ctcnsc.org
Subject:Needs Arabic Names transliterated

[please reply directly to the requester]

Our not-for-profit company is conducting a study of the divergences in
morphological patterns of Arabic dialects (Levantine, North
African/Maghreb, Gulf/Yemeni, etc.).  In support of this study, I’m
seeking very wide samplings of the anglicizations/transliterations of
women’s Arabic names in 19 population centers of the Arabic-speaking
world.  They are as follows:

Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)
Kuwait City (Kuwait)
Sanaa (Yemen)