Arabic-L:LING:Arabic Corpora

Dilworth Parkinson dilworth_parkinson at byu.edu
Fri May 21 23:09:47 UTC 2004

1) Subject:Arabic Corpora
2) Subject:Arabic Corpora
3) Subject:Arabic Corpora

Date: 21 May 2004
From:Paul Roochnik <paul at translationguy.com>
Subject:Arabic Corpora

Samia has declared her need for an Arabic corpora.  In the old days
before the internet, it was hard labor to compile a significant body of
machine-readable Arabic text.  And even after the internet became a
household word, Arabic sites were rather late to arrive.

Not any more.  Now you will find dozens of Arabic news outlets on the
internet, and the great majority of them are bursting with Arabic
text.  With a couple hours of cutting and pasting, you can create your
own corpus of thousands of sentences, tens of thousands of words.

As they say, when in doubt, do it yourself!  You will not regret it.

Cheers,
Abu Sammy