Arabic-L:GEN:Job Opportunities

Nathan Arp nja9 at email.byu.edu
Fri Nov 19 19:57:55 UTC 2004

1) Subject:Assistant Professor Position at University of Virginia
2) Subject:Arabic Position at the University of Maryland/CASL

Date: 19 Nov  2004
From: ms at guppy.mail.virginia.edu
Subject:Assistant Professor Position at University of Virginia

University of Virginia
Asian and Middle Eastern Languages and Cultures
Charlottesville, VA

Assistant Professor of Arabic

The Department of Asian and Middle Eastern Languages and Cultures at
the University of Virginia announces a full-time, tenure-track
appointment in Arabic, at the rank of Assistant Professor.
Employment will commence in Fall 2005.

We are seeking candidates with a strong commitment to research and
undergraduate and graduate teaching and service.  Duties will include
teaching courses in Arabic language, Arabic literature and culture,
in addition to assisting in the Virginia-Yarmouk Program.  Applicants
must have a Ph.D. in Arabic literature by Fall 2005.  At least two
years of teaching experience is preferred.  Native or near-native
competency in both Arabic and English is required.  Salary will be
commensurate with qualifications and experience.

To apply, send an up-to-date curriculum vitae along with a letter of
application describing research interests, teaching experience and
language ability, one or two sample publications, and three letters
of recommendation to:  Chair, Arabic Search Committee, AMELC, P. O.
Box 400781, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22904-4781.

The University of Virginia is an affirmative action, equal
opportunity employer.  The University is building a culturally
diverse faculty and staff and strongly encourages applications from
women, minorities.  Review of applications will begin 24 January 2005
and continue until the position is filled.