Arabic-L:PEDA:New NMELRC Training

Nathan Arp nja9 at email.byu.edu
Fri Oct 22 20:29:32 UTC 2004

1) Subject:New NMELRC Training

Date: 22 Oct 2004
From:Mahmoud Al-Batal <albatal at emory.edu>
Subject:New NMELRC Training

Dear Colleagues,

        As part of its mission to provide opportunities for teacher
training in Arabic, Modern Hebrew, Persian, and Turkish, the National
Middle East Language Resource Center (NMELRC) is currently planning a
series of on-line presentations dealing with various aspects of
language pedagogy. The presentations will be offered once a month and
will allow language faculty in our four languages to tune in to the
presentation, post questions, and get answers live via the web.  The
presentations will be made by pedagogy experts drawn from
our respective languages and will focus on issues relevant to all of
our teachers.  Each presentations will last between 60 and 90  minutes
and will feature brief theoretical background to the issue(s) discussed
as well as sample materials and classroom
techniques.  All presentations will be archived on the NMELRC web site
for future access by interested language teachers.

        NMELRC would like to make these presentations as beneficial as
possible to teachers and is looking for ways to make this series
respond to your specific needs. If you teach American students of
Arabic (in the U.S. or abroad) and if you would be interested in
benefitting from the proposed presentations, we would like to ask you
to take 1o minutes of your time to complete this short survey online by
  October 31, 2004. The survey is available at the following URL
address:  http://nmelrc.org/survey/online_training

  Thank you for your help.