Arabic-L:GEN:Arabic on MS Word 2004 under Mac OS X 10.3.7 response

Dilworth Parkinson dilworth_parkinson at byu.edu
Tue Feb 1 18:14:56 UTC 2005

1) Subject:Arabic on MS Word 2004 under Mac OS X 10.3.7 response

Date: 01 Feb  2005
From:timbuckwalter at qamus.org
Subject:Arabic on MS Word 2004 under Mac OS X 10.3.7 response

Albrecht,
You might try saving these Word files as HTML and then do "surgery" on
the HTML tags and see what results you get when you re-open the HTML
file with Word. Check the value of "charset" and also try inserting
dir="RTL" inside <div> and <p> tags. The disconnected-letters problem
occurs sometimes in Windows too. To solve it I open the Word file with
WordPad and save it as RTF, and then I open the RTF file in Word. If
you want, send me the file and I will give it an "extreme makeover" for
you. :-)
Regards,
Tim