Arabic-L:GEN:New Date for ARAM conference

Dilworth Parkinson dilworth_parkinson at byu.edu
Tue Feb 1 18:14:43 UTC 2005

1) Subject:New Date for ARAM conference

Date: 01 Feb  2005
From:aram at oriental-institute.oxford.ac.uk
Subject:New Date for ARAM conference

Dear Colleague,

I am writing to inform you that the venue of the ARAM conference won’t
be available for Monday 4 July and Thursday 5 July 2005. Therefore, we
have made a new booking for 6-8 July 2005.

ARAM Society for Syro-Mesopotamian Studies is organising its twenty
first international conference on the subject of “Pilgrimages & Shrines
in the Syrian Orient (including the Holy Land and the Sinai) in
pre-modern times”, to be held at Oxford University, 6-8 July 2005.
The conference will start on Wednesday 6 July at 9am, finishing on
Friday 8 July at 6pm. Each speaker’s paper is limited to 30 minutes,
with an additional 10 minutes for discussion.
If you wish to participate in the conference, please contact our ARAM
Email address (aram at orinst.ox.ac.uk).
Those who are interested in the conference will be provided with the
necessary information about accommodation and the speakers’ list.

All papers given at the conference will be published in a future
edition of the ARAM periodical, subject to editorial review. If you
know of colleagues who might like to contribute to the conference,
please add their names and addresses to your reply or forward this
message to them.

I am very sorry for the change of the conference date.
Yours sincerely,
Shafiq Abouzayd