Arabic-L:PEDA:NMELRC Online Pedagogical Workshops

Dilworth Parkinson dilworth_parkinson at byu.edu
Tue Feb 22 15:28:03 UTC 2005

1) Subject:NMELRC Online Pedagogical Workshop 28 Feb

Date: 22 Feb  2005
From:nmelrc-research at byu.edu
Subject:NMELRC Online Pedagogical Workshop 28 Feb

  We are excited to announce the rest of the Spring Online Pedagogical
Workshops.  For those who have not heard of these broadcasts, they are
free to all those interested and cover various topics about how to
better teach Middle East Languages.  Experienced master teachers will
provide the trainings.  All one needs to do is go to our website
(www.nmelrc.org) on the date and time listed below and follow the
directions to receive a stream of the workshop right at their
computer.  More information about the upcoming workshop can be found at
www.nmelrc.org.  Also, if you know any other individuals that you think
would be interested in these free online workshops please forward them
this e-mail and instruct them to send us their e-mail address if they
are interested in further notices about the workshops.  For those who
missed our January workshop, we have archived it on our web-site under
Online Pedagogical Workshops Archives under the main menu on the left
hand side.

 Monday, Feb. 28  3:00 p.m. EST “Techniques for contextualizing
vocabulary”, Professor Salah Hammoud, USAF  Academy.

Friday, March 25  3:00 p.m. EST “How to create an interactive language
classroom?”, Professor Vardit Ringvald, Brandeis University.

Friday, April 22  3:00 p.m. EST “Teaching Listening Comprehension”,
Professor Suzan Oezel, Indiana  University

Friday, May 13,  3:00 p.m. EST “Integration of Technology in the
Language Classroom”, Professor Esther Raizen, University of  Texas &
Professor Michael Bush, Brigham  Young University.

Thank you.

National Middle East Language Resource Center (NMELRC)

nmelrc-research at byu.edu